Today we learned that our dear friend, Piper, went to live with our Father in Heaven. She was Laurie's roommate at Primary Children's Medical Center. Kevin and I became good friends with Piper's parents, Steve and Teresa. Ironically, I was hoping to get together with Teresa and Piper this week, as we are staying with my cousins who live in the same town.
I can't imagine the heartache parents must feel when they lose a sweet child. My heart is heavy as I think about what my dear friend Teresa is going through and what so many other mothers and fathers must endure. It reminds me to love my children more. Give more kisses, take more time... love more. What faith it must take to say goodbye to a child. To be separated from those you love, even if you know you will see them again. Teresa is such a dedicated mother. Piper required so much care and sacrifice. Teresa almost lost her own life to give the gift of life to her precious daughter Piper. Please remember my friend Teresa and her family in you prayers tonight.
I Do Now
1 week ago

1 comment:
I also saw Piper's obituary in the paper and though I didn't know them, knowing that another family is mourning, going through what I have dealt with, it made me cry.
I am truly sorry that they had to say goodby to their sweet daughter, but what a joyful reunion it will be someday.
How long will you be at your sister's? Would love to catch up with you since you will be close by.
(HUGS)
Post a Comment