Well, we survived a couple of crazy days... Laurie's echocardiogram was on Thursday with Dr. Cowley. I set up the appointment at the health clinic in Orem. I was sooo glad that I did! We were the only people in the waiting room and we only had to wait maybe 30 seconds (yes, seconds!) before we were seen! It was the fastest doctor appointment we've ever been to.
Laurie's heart looks great. She has some leaking of the pulmonary valve - but that's to be expected, as it was ballooned open. The great thing is that her valve is growing with her! We won't have to see Dr. Cowley for 9 months!
Laurie had her MRI on Friday. They gave her a general anesthetic and everything went well. It was Laurie's first time getting an IV since being discharged... and I have to admit that I started to panic a bit when they wheeled her off. It seems so silly because she was just getting an MRI, but I guess the memories of earlier days will never completely fade away.
The doctor called us back with the results that afternoon. It's good/inconclusive news. They didn't find an excess of fluid in the brain, but there still is an area of concern in the front of her head... I am thinking that it has to do with her plagiocephaly (flat spot) on the back of her head - which is pushing her forehead forward. We'll meet with a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks and he'll tell us exactly what's going on. But in my mind, everything is OK.
Kevin went on a bike ride with one of his biking buddies this morning. It was 5 degrees outside! Needless to say, he froze. When he got home, I asked if he had fallen in the snow - because he had snow on his hat. I was shocked when he told me it was his sweat that had frozen! He didn't even get to take a drink from his water bottle because it was frozen solid. We can't wait for Spring!
I Do Now
1 week ago

2 comments:
Hopefully no news really is good news. You guys have been through so much, and little Laurie has pulled through every time. What a blessing! Good luck with everything else.
..Crazy about the freezing sweat too.
Thanks for sharing the updates. I am happy things are going well. It was fun to be with you during the honors recital. I am thankful to have been strengthened by your story. Against all odds, it is God's will that matters. You are amazing. Take care...
ps. looks like spring is arriving. Yeah! Alena
Post a Comment