A little over a month ago, I saw this on our bedroom ceiling:
Not good. I called Kevin so he could tell me what to do! He told me to saw through the sheetrock. There was obviously a leak and we needed to drain it... ummm... me? Cut through the ceiling? OK.
So that's what I did. It was pretty painful. I think knowing that Kevin could fix whatever I did made it somewhat more bearable. After I cut through the sheetrock, a steady drip of water came down for about an hour. When Kevin got home, he headed up to the attic to figure out what was going on. This is what he found:
See that pile on the center right of the picture? Yes, that's snow!
Kevin filled THREE buckets with snow. Apparently during the blizzard we had in November (yes, it was a blizzard here!) the vents on our roof were defective and created a vacuum, sucking in all the snow. Since the temperatures had warmed up a bit, the snow had started to melt. Our builder replaced the vents and so far, no more unwanted snow.
One of our favorite Christmas Eve traditions is making gingerbread (or graham cracker) houses. We had my brother and his wife over as well.
Laurie preferred to eat her candy! What's the point of using the candy as a decoration?
My brother's house was pretty creative. He created a bunker with little army men.
I love my Haili. She decorated her house completely on her own. Her home was the "potty" gingerbread house. It was filled with potties. :)
I love this picture!
We also enacted the nativity. Kevin was Joseph.
Laurie was the angel. She recited her line perfectly, "Jesus is born!"
Haili was Mary. She stayed in character until she went to bed!
Hope you all had a crazy, fun, and memorable holiday!

No comments:
Post a Comment