Big news! Laurie came off her oxygen today! It caught me by complete surprise. I took her to her pediatrician today and asked if it would be OK for me to take her off of her monitor during the day. It's just been so hard to have her tethered to a cord. He asked how her saturation levels were and how she did off of oxygen at home for small periods of time. Since she was only on 1/32 of a liter of oxygen, he took her off for 20 minutes at his office to see how she did. Her levels stayed at in the high 90s the entire time. So off came her oxygen for good! She already seems happier and she took a 2 hour nap when we got home. She's either been intubated or had a nasal canula for 7 1/2 months! We're excited for her to be done. I could hardly put her down all day - it was so much fun to just walk around the house and hold her! Going to doctor visits won't be nearly as much work now that I don't have to take her oxygen tank and monitor in addition to all the normal baby stuff! Wahoo!
I Do Now
1 week ago

9 comments:
Dear Patty,
It sure has been breath-taking to watch the development of your little girl. She must have quite the army of guardian angels. I hope you do post more often, and I hope you don't mind if I read! Stop by our blog anytime: starvingmusicians.blogspot.com
Love,
Carrie
Hurray! Hurray! That is SO wonderful. I truly appreciate how exciting that is and Jack plans to follow Laurie's good example by next week at our post-op appointment.
Can you believe how far we've come in the past 6 months? Amazing. I can't wait to see what the next 6 bring.
I missed you during our hospital stay. PCMC just wasn't the same without you. But I sure am glad you weren't there. :)
Aimee
oh hooray! I'm so glad to see an update from you. The girls are beautiful and I'm so glad Laurie is doing so well!
That's wonderful!! I'm so glad that she is doing so well!!
Congratulations, that is great news! I can only imagine what that must mean to you. Your girls are so cute these days! Good for you for finding ways to not go crazy this winter. Call me if you need anything!
I can't believe you didn't mention this when you called!!! I am so happy for you. Its amazing how much we as moms take for granted (like walking without cords). Call and tell me about the job interview and your visit to West Jordan.
Congrats again!!!
That's great news!! 7 1/2 months is a long time to have all of that. I bet it feels great to be done with it. Congratulations!
We can't wait for wintertime to be over so we can play again. Glad to hear all is well though!
This post made me so happy!! What a beautiful sight to see those pretty girls sitting together. What an inspiration your family is!
Yay!!! Happy Happy news :) She's such a cutie. Glad she's not tethered any more. So...what are you doing with your newfound freedom? We gonna be neighbors?
Post a Comment